Tuesday, January 11, 2011

First OB/Gyn Appointment (Pregnancy Confirmation)

On Friday, January 7th, I had my first appointment with my new OB Doctor, Dr. Bobby Tackitt.  The technician did a "confirmation" ultrasound to make sure that the pregnancy was still viable before I saw Dr. Tackitt.  It was too bad that Chaz couldn't come to this appointment with me.  This was the first ultrasound where I saw so much detail of the baby.  I just stared at the screen still in disbelief.  But when the baby started bouncing around, oh my gosh... I lost it!  The technician handed me several tissues to wipe the tears.  As she said, it was the first time I had let go of the biology of this and became a patient.  I was watching my baby on the screen!  The baby still looks great and has a healthy heart rate of 162 beats per minute.  The top left of the picture shows the yolk sac (this is what nourishes the baby until it's circulatory system takes over).  It will eventually disappear as the baby grows.  The top right of the picture is the back of the baby's head and if you follow it down, you'll see the leg buds protruding out!

My next appointment with Dr. Tackitt will be on February 3 and I will be about 12.5 weeks along; into my second trimester!

No comments:

Post a Comment