Tuesday, January 11, 2011

How I told Chaz

I learned of my early pregnancy while at work on Monday, December 6th.  Chaz too was at work and I didn't want to call him and tell him the news over the phone.  So, I made a plan.  My boss gave me a baby t-shirt that has our work logo on it (ACRM) since technically our baby was conceived at ACRM.    I took it home and wrapped it in Christmas paper.  I hung three Christmas stockings on our fireplace:  mine, Chaz's and I had an extra small stocking that I put in the middle of ours.   I put the wrapped present in Chaz's stocking and waited impatiently until he got home. When he arrived, I told him I received an early Christmas present that day and wanted him to open it.  We sat together on the fireplace hearth and he opened his gift.  When he pulled out the baby outfit, he stared at it, then at me.  "What's this?" he asked me.  I just smiled and he knew.  "It worked, and I'm home" he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment